Saturday, August 6, 2016

When The Light Is Dim

Why are you downcast, O my soul?
Why so disturbed within me?
Put your hope in God,
for I will yet praise Him,
my Savior and my God.
Psalm 42:5  NIV

In Him was life and that life was the light of men.  The Light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it.
John1: 4,5  NIV

What came into existence was Life,
and the Life was Light to live by.
The Life-Light blazed out of the darkness;
the darkness couldn't put it out.
John1: 4,5   The Message

In prayer a few weeks ago I thought how good it feels on days when I believe that everything will be all right.  I know that I am not alone in this life and no matter what I face I will get through. My heart feels the Light of His Presence.  I have a peace in my being.
Today was one of those days.

Then there are the days I feel alone and feel the weight of what I have to handle.  I still know I will get through this life but on those days the burden (weighs me down) is heavy. Darkness hovers over me.

I asked God, "How does that happen?  Where does the heaviness come from?  Where
does the peace go?  On both days I know you God, but on one day my heart feels and sees Your light and on the other day the light seems dim."

God's answer to me was to write.   I prayed, " empty me out God," and then started to write.

The following is what poured out of me:

"The mountains are so high... I feel alone and tired...  I wonder why the mountains;  always the mountains.

The burdens of my life are on me to figure out; to handle. 

I know God is here, but the darkness is telling me He isn't with me.  Discouragement is taking over and pulling me down.  God's light has dimmed. The peace is gone.  Darkness is fighting to take over.  

Why does His light seem dim?   I know in my head that God is in me and beside me, but my heart is heavy today.

Where from yesterday to today did this happen?
Where and when did Satan find the opening to come in with the darkness?                                                      
When did my grip on God's hand loosen?  Loosen just enough for Satan to enter?"

Help us God. 
Help us to always remember that we cannot dispel the darkness. 
It is You who dispels the darkness.   
We need the Holy Spirit to empower us.  Help us depend on You so that we will be empowered by the Holy Spirit.  
I ask you God to take our strength and give us Your strength.

But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all truth (John16:13 NIV).

Everyday

Everyday pray.
Everyday repent of our sins and ask Him to forgive us.
Everyday thank Him for the blessings in our life.
Everyday read His Word.
Everyday ask God for His Presence.
Everyday ask Him to set the priorities of our day.
Everyday in all things ask Him to direct our steps.
Everyday put  the Armor of God on ourselves and our loved ones.
Everyday.

Satan's job is to move us away from God's light and into darkness. 
Satan preys on our vulnerabilities.
Satan is darkness and his plan is to break our unity with God.    

Everyday is our weapon against darkness.
Spiritual battle is every day.
God's light extinguishes darkness.

No comments:

Post a Comment