Tuesday, August 30, 2016
I Can't Even Walk
It is God who arms me with strength
and makes my way perfect.
He makes my feet like the feet of a deer;
He enables me to stand on the heights.
He trains my hands for battle;
my arms can bend a bow of bronze.
You give me Your shield of victory,
and Your right hand sustains me;
You stoop down to make me great.
You broaden the path beneath me,
so that my ankles do not turn. Psalm 18:32-36 NIV
When I started to attend church it was the "music" that kept bringing me back every Sunday. I never really heard a sermon for three months. I say music because at that time I didn't even understand that it was worship music. God used music to speak to my heart and draw me to Him. He knew that music was the way to my heart.
Even now there are certain worship songs, especially old hymns, where tears run down my cheeks as I feel God's presence. It is not uncommon for me to play a certain worship song over and over again for days. Every time I press repeat I feel the words go deeper and deeper into my being. Don't worry I do this in my car so as not to drive my household up the wall.
My sharing with you today is a song that has been playing in my head and on my car radio for the past three days.
The name of this song is: I Can't Even Walk Without You Holding My Hand.
I thought that number one would surely be me.
Thought I'd be what I wanted to be.
I thought I could build on life's sinking sand.
But I can't even walk without You holding my hand.
I thought I could do a lot on my own.
I thought I could make it all alone.
I thought, I thought of myself as a mighty big man.
But I can't even walk without You holding my hand.
The mountains are too high and the valleys are too wide.
Down on my knees is how I learned to stand cause I can't even walk without You holding my hand.
I can't even walk without You holding my hand.
Lord I pray that this song plays in the heads of everyone that reads this and that the words are fixed into the depths of their being.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment